Monday, July 28, 2008

WELCOME TO THE HAMPTONS... IS THAT A RADAR GUN OR ARE YOU JUST GLAD TO SEE US?!?!?!








Not since those evil spirits in Poltergeist told that little girl from "Happy Days" to "GET OUT!" has there been such a loud and unwelcoming message to new residents! Yes that super large, super obnoxious and yes super ugly sign (what there are no good looking officers in Suffolk County?) that threatens and welcomes visitors to the east end all in one big glorious message. Now while I do agree that people need to drive more cautiously on the overcrowded roads but wouldn't a simple "OBEY THE SPEED LIMIT" sign have sufficed?

When I first saw what I'm now calling MOUNT RUSH-LESS, I freaked ! I've spent a lot of time in LA and when you see someone holding a shooting position with what looks like a gun... you don't slow down... YOU DUCK AND COVER! My apologies to the gentleman in the new BMW convertible... I didn't mean to side swipe you but I was kind of feeling like Bambi's mother there for a second.

With all of the regulations in the Hamptons... from architectural review boards to super stringent zoning... HOW CAN THEY POSSIBLY ALLOW THIS SIGN!??? And I'm curious, is it really doing anything to slow down drivers? Just asking.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home